Deliciously light, fluffy mousse infused with the sweet chocolate flavor of Baileys Irish Cream. You can make it for the weekend and surprise your family or friends!
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (3 tablespoons if you want more intense chocolate flavor)
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream, cold
- 1½ cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: Before you start – prepare beaters and bowl by putting in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and cold water; stir and leave for 1 minute to set.
- Pour boiling water; mix until gelatin is entirely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cocoa and sugar; then add heavy cream.
- Using an electric mixer, at medium-high speed, whisk the mixture until stiff peaks form; slowly pour in Baileys, gelatin mix, and vanilla, whisking constantly at high speed until well-incorporated and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes and place in refrigerator to chill. (Note: Before filling – chill the bowl for a quicker setting mousse.)
- Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.