This banana dream cake is so rich, moist and delicious! The taste is a real dream! It is very simple and easy to prepare! So, if you are a banana dessert fan then this cake is the ideal treat for you! Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted, slightly cooled)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk-lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup medium banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Grease 8 by 8-inch baking dish, set aside (you may line the pan with parchment paper leaving the sides to overhang the dish – that way it’ll be easier to serve, you may lift the dessert and transfer plate).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg white until creamy and stiff peaks form; leave aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugars and egg yolks until pale yellow.
- Add in melted butter and whisk (for around 2 minutes) until evenly combined.
- Fold in mashed banana and combine briefly. Apply flour and mix until evenly incorporated. Slowly pour in the vanilla and milk until well combined.
- Place the egg whites and mix all over again. You should get a very thin batter.
- Spread the batter into the pan and put in the oven. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes (just until the cake is barely jiggly in the middle).
- Baking time may vary depending on the pan or oven you use, however, start checking the cake after 45 minutes. Cover the cake with aluminum foil if the top browns fast before the 45 minutes.
- Cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar, slice and serve.