This cappuccino and chocolate Irish cream swirl Bundt cake is so well-moist, rich and incredibly tasty! You got to try it…especially if you are a fan of this kind of cakes and of course coffee. Here is the recipe:
For the Bundt cake:
- 225 grams flour
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 330 grams granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 100 ml vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 160 grams sour cream, at room temperature
- 100 ml buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 ½ tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 110 ml freshly brewed (hot) black coffee
For the cream cheese filling:
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baileys Irish Cream
Topping ideas (optional):
- Cappuccino frosting
- Chocolate ganache
- Whipped topping
- Coffee powder, to dust
To make the chocolate pound cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C; Grease one pound cake pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the eggs, oil, sour cream, Irish Cream, and buttermilk together until well incorporated.
- Apply the wet ingredients into the dry ones, pour the freshly brewed coffee, and mix all until you get a nice batter. Set aside as you prepare the filling.
To make the cream cheese filling:
- Using an electric mixer, on high speed, whisk the cream cheese until no lumps remain. Now, on medium-high speed, whisk in the rest of the ingredients until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the chocolate batter evenly into the prepared pan. Then, spread all of the cream over (because of the thickness you can use a spoon to spread it around – do not touch the sides of the baking pan). After that, pour the rest of the chocolate batter on top.
- Bake for around 55-65 minutes or just until a tester inserted in it comes out clean or with just a few light moist crumbs.
- When done, remove and let it for two hours inside the baking pan. After that, invert the cooled pound cake onto a serving dish or wire rack. Allow cake to chill entirely, then refrigerate for 90 minutes to set.
- Before serving, garnish with toppings of your choice (if desired); slice and serve.
- You can keep any leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 days.