This choco-coco dream pie is the ultimate chocolate and coconut combination! So rich and moist, this amazingly delicious pie is simple and easy to prepare – plus a perfect summer dessert choice. Smooth and creamy, try the recipe:
- 8 ounces’ semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened coconut
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a 9-inch pie dish with a parchment baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add ⅓ of the sweetened coconut and 4 tablespoons of butter; process until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, transfer the blended mixture and sprinkle the rest of the coconut over it. Work the coconut into the mixture with your fingers to incorporate.
- Create a crust by pressing the coco mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie tin.
- Apply a pie crust ring or a foil ring over the coconut edge in order to prevent the coconut from burning or browning too fast.
- Bake the crust until the center starts to brown, around 12-15 minutes. After that, take out the foil and continue baking for additional 6 minutes.
- Then, transfer the crust to a wire rack in order to cool entirely.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, add the chopped chocolate. In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Remove immediately and pour it over the chocolate; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate is completely melted. Then, add 1 tablespoon butter and the vanilla extract; stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Next, pour the choco mixture into the coco
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to set, at least 90 minutes before serving (or ideally overnight). Slice and serve.