A creamy, chocolatey dessert is always a good idea – just like this delicious chocolate cheesecake mousse with raspberries with a great texture and tartness. It is an elegant and very simple treat that you can have as a dessert or even as an energetic breakfast. Here is the recipe:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (half a pint) fresh raspberries
- Using a double-boiler melt the chocolate (a bowl with the chocolate over a saucepan of hot water) until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cold whipping cream and whisk on high speed until it holds a stiff peak. Then, put the softened cream cheese and whip on medium speed until well incorporated and smooth. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- As a final point, add the powdered sugar and mix shortly until all comes together.
- Spoon or pipe using a piping bag into glasses/cups/ ramekins. Top with some raspberries. Place in the fridge until set, around 2 hours.
- Serve with some extra raspberries on the side.