Prepare this chocolate fudge pie and say farewell to the blue days! This simple chocolate fudge pie is so rich and chocolatey! It tastes like heaven! So delicious and easy to prepare – you will adore this dessert, especially if you are a chocolate fan! It will take you around 25 minutes to prepare this dessert plus 50 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter (cut into 1/2 in. cubes)
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces’ bittersweet, high-quality chocolate-chopped
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- A pinch of salt
To make the crust:
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, flour, and salt.
- Apply butter and combine with a fork until it begins to look like a coarse meal.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of water at the time and carry on mixing until you form a dough.
- Next, wrap it with the plastic wrap and place in the fridge refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured work surface into a circle around 1/8 in. thick. Press the dough into the pie plate.
To make the filling:
- In a bowl, combine together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add half and half, chocolate, and butter and stir over a medium-low heat until smooth. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before you apply it over dry ingredients and eggs)
- Place chocolate mixture, eggs, and egg yolks into dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Apply filling to pie crust in pan.
- Place in the oven and bake 45-50 minutes (or until the edges begin to crack and the center is set).
- Remove and cool for 15 minutes before serving. Slice and serve.