These crispy chocolate potato chips cookies are so cute and delicious! Perfect for snacking…well, if you like to snack something sweet and chocolatey. Your family and friends will love them! You can definitely find store-bought chocolate covered potato chips but trust me – homemade is better and tastier! Here is the recipe:
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (6 1/2 oz.) potato chips with ridges
- Combine shortening and chocolate chips in a small heatproof dish.
- Heat in a microwave on high for ½ – 2 minutes or until smooth and melted when stirred.
- Next, dip the potato chips into the chocolate (one at a time) coating fully each potato chips.
- Pull it against the edge of the dish in order to remove any excess chocolate.
- Arrange chips on the wax paper-lined baking dish.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then put in the fridge for about 40 minutes to firm.
Serve and enjoy!