This creamy cold Kinder chocolate cake (or torta fredda con cioccolato Kinder) is so rich, chocolaty and very yummy! It is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes that my family adores. Am always preparing it when I am in the mood or just to celebrate the day, the life. You will need around 20 minutes to prepare it plus 2 hours to set. Here is the recipe:
- 250 grams’ dry chocolate biscuits
- 130 grams’ butter, melted
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 250 grams’ mascarpone cheese
- 12 Kinder chocolate bars (I used Kinder Maxi), broken into pieces
- 6 grams/ 1 ½ teaspoon gelatin
- 120 grams icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons Nutella
- In a small bowl or cup, pour 6 tablespoons cold water and sprinkle the gelatin, allow to soften for 3 minutes; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the biscuits into fine crumbs. Melt the butter, then pour it into the blender and mix all over to incorporate with the powdered biscuits.
- Then, press the mixture evenly into an open loop base whose bottom we covered with baking paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the icing sugar together with the heavy cream until creamy and thick. Next, apply the mascarpone and whisk to incorporate. Set aside.
- Then, in a pot over low heat, add the gelatin and stir to melt. Remove and apply in the creamy mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge, spread half of the mixture then spread 4 tablespoons Nutella – loosely with a spoon – all over the cream. Spread half of the broken Kinder chocolates and spread the remaining cream mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of Nutella and the remaining pieces of Kinder chocolates.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours, before serving. Slice and serve.