Earthquake cake is one of my favorite desserts this season! So chocolatey, moist, and creamy! It is easy to prepare and the final product is a real earthquake, messy and tasty!
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 25 ounces (1 box) chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces (1 box) cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease the sides and bottom of a 9×13-in. baking pan.
- Next, layer the chopped pecans and flaked coconut in the bottom of the pan.
- According to the package instructions, prepare the cake mix and pour over coconut and pecans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread over the cake mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes (a tester will come out with a little moist). Drizzle some chocolate chips.Allow to cool, then serve.