This raspberry clafoutis is a classic French dessert – though instead of raspberry the traditional version includes cherries. However, if you like berries just as much as I do – then you will love this dessert! It is very easy to prepare and smells like heaven while baking!
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C/ Gas Mark 4. Butter a 9-inch pie pan. In a bowl, beat the sugar, flour, and a pinch of salt. Beat the butter, eggs, and lemon zest until smooth. Pour the milk and whip until light and smooth, around 3 minutes. Apply the batter into the pie pan and top with the raspberries.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes, just until the clafoutis is got golden Allow cool slightly. Finally, dust with confectioners’ sugar, slice and serve.