I really like brownies! The ideal breakfast for me is a cup of tea and a piece of brownie. It relaxes me and gives me energy. And I mean – who doesn’t like French silk pie! So, I turned this classic dessert into fudgy brownies topped with a chocolate mousse and cream. Here is the French silk brownies recipe:
For the brownies:
- 3-ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (12 oz./ 340 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole pasteurized eggs
For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Line an 9 x 9 x 1 1/2 in. (23 x 23 x 4 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, foil, or grease and flour pan, and set aside.
To make the brownies:
- In a bowl mix together oil and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Add sugar and eggs and beat until well combined.
- Fold in baking powder, flour, and salt until mixed together.
- Place into prepared pan and put in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes – or until a tester comes out generally clean.
- Remove and cool completely. When the brownies are completely cool make the chocolate layer.
To make the chocolate layer:
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer or an electric mixer beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy; around 2 minutes. Slowly mix in cooled chocolate. Put vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, beating for three minutes on medium high after every egg. Spread the chocolate layer over cooled brownies.
To make the topping:
- Use a mixer to beat the heavy cream. Add vanilla and sugar mix until stiff peaks. Next, spread over chocolate layer.
- In the end, sprinkle with some shaved chocolate pieces or chocolate chips. Place in the fridge for at least an hour until set. Slice and serve.
How many servant is this.
Servings 9 brownies