There is nothing like the smell and taste of a homemade mulled wine in winter. Spend just 10 minutes in the kitchen and enjoy the marvelous flavor of this delicious mulled wine. Ideal for the Christmas holidays to warm your soul and bring the holiday spirit! Following, check out the recipe:
- 1 bottle (750-ml) red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or any rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus 2 cinnamon sticks
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 4 whole cloves
- 3-star anise
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 oranges, peeled, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, pour the wine, rum, sugar, ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, orange zest, orange juice, star anise, cloves and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- Set over low heat and bring to a boil for 7 minutes. Pour into mugs, apply an orange peel to each; serve.