These Italian Limoncello cheesecake bars are so rich, creamy, and refreshing! They are one of the best spring-summer desserts that I have ever tried. This is a very delicious dessert that you can find in many modern restaurants and pasticerias across Italy. Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 8 oz. (1 package) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon Limoncello liqueur
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- A few drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
In a bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add in butter and mix with pastry blender. Press evenly in 13 x 9-in. baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for around 25 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese, condensed milk, sugar, eggs, flour, Limoncello, lemon zest, and a few drops of yellow food coloring (if desired). Mix until smooth. Then, spread over the baked crust.
- Place in the oven again and bake for additional 15 minutes or just until set. Let cool on wire rack. Then, spread sour cream over the top. Put in the fridge. Before serving, cut into bars, decorate with lemon peel (if desired). Serve.