This Italian tiramisu gelato pie is so creamy, semi-cold, and very delicious! It has an intensive tiramisu taste, so if you like coffee desserts then this one is the ideal sweet treat for you! It took me exactly 18 minutes to prepare it, plus around 5 hours to set. Here is the recipe:
For the base:
- 1 package (pack of 12) Savoiardi/ladyfingers
- 1 cup prepared instant coffee, cold
- 3 tablespoons milk, cold
For the gelato mixture:
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 8-ounces mascarpone cheese (at room temperature)
- 250 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- 2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetened cocoa powder
- cocoa powder (to garnish)
To make the base:
- In a small bowl, combine the prepared coffee and milk. Then, dip each ladyfinger into the mixture long enough to soften; Arrange ladyfingers in the base of a round cake pan with removable bottom (8 by 3-Inch).
- Refrigerate to set, while you are preparing the gelato mixture.
To make the gelato mixture:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together heavy cream and sugar until creamy. Fold in mascarpone, coconut milk, and salt and whisk until smooth and creamy. Apply the Kahlua, espresso powder, and cocoa powder and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions. Once ready, spread over the savoiardi/ladyfingers base. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set (you will get a nice gelato “soft-serve type”).
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder. Slice and serve.