These key lime pie bars look and taste amazing! Zesty, crunchy, and creamy at the same time – simply delicious! They are very easy to prepare and so delicious – perfect spring-summer dessert! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 30 squares or 15 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz.) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoons lime zest
- ½ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Line a 9 by 9-in. pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a blender/food processor, process the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Next, add the sugar, melted butter, and a pinch of salt and mix all over again.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Pour the condensed milk and combine until incorporated.
- Next, apply the egg yolks, one at a time, whisking well after each addition, then add the lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla extract beat until well-combined.
- Spread the filling over the crust. Bake for about 17 minutes (be careful – the top shouldn’t brown). Remove and place in the fridge to cool and set for around 3 hours. Slice and serve.