- 1 large, cooked lobster
- 25 g/1 oz./2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp. plain/all-purpose flour
- 300 ml/ ½ pint/1 ¼ cups milk
- 125 g/4 oz./1 ¼ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- assorted salad leaves. to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. 10 minutes before cooking. Halve the lobster and crack the claws. Remove the gills. the green sac behind the head and the black vein running down the body. Place the two lobster halves in a shallow. ovenproof dish.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and gently cook the garlic for 3 minutes until softened. Add the flour and stir over a medium heat for 1 minute. Draw the saucepan off the heat. then gradually stir in the milk. stirring until the sauce thickens. Return to the heat and cook for 2 minutes. stirring throughout. until smooth and thickened. Stir in half the cheese and continue to cook for 1 minute. then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour the cheese sauce over the lobster halves and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. or until heated through and the cheese sauce is golden brown. Serve with assorted salad leaves.