This is probably the perfect dessert – vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free…simply amazing! You will get delicious raspberry cream pies just in 15-20 minutes! Surprise your kids with these mini tasty raspberries cream pies – they will love them – they are healthy and tasty!
For the crust:
- 45 grams (1/2 cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 145 grams (1 cup) cashews, roasted (you can use salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
For the raspberry filling:
- 220 grams (1 1/2 cups) cashews, roasted and soaked for one hour
- 170 grams (3/4 cups) unrefined coconut oil
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) coconut cream (the top, compact part from full-fat coconut milk can, that’s been refrigerated overnight)
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 385 grams (3 cups) fresh raspberries, at room temperature (you can also buy frozen raspberries and soften them – at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 teaspoons (70 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a cupcake pan with twelve muffin liners. Make the crust. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and put the coconut and stir occasionally until well toasted. Don’t walk away from the saucepan because the coconut can burn very quickly!
- Add the coconut into a bowl and let cool for around 5 minutes. You may skip the toasting part but I think it gives a special flavor to the crust!
- Put all the crust ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture begins to clump together. Do not mix so long that it gets pasty. The mixture should easily clump together when you pinch some between your fingers. If it doesn’t, put a little water and process again until it does.
- Split the batter between the liners and use your finger or the bottom of a little to press the mix firmly over the bottom of the liners.
- Put the pan in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a medium pot or saucepan, combine all the filling ingredients together and warm over low heat until they are slightly warm and the oil and coconut cream are melted.
- Remove the blender jar using a paper towel and place the filling mix in the blender. Process for around 30 to 60 seconds until totally smooth. The batter should be smooth, with the exclusion of raspberry seeds.
- Apply around 45 grams (1/4 cup) of filling over each crust. Apply the remaining filling in the ramekins. Place in the fridge for around 5-6 hours or until set. If you want them faster – place in the freezer for around 1 to 2 hours. Serve.
Note: If you decide to use frozen raspberries, you will likely need four cups to reach 385 grams.