The simplest and quickest chocolate dessert that you could ever wish for! This salted caramel chocolate pots are so rich, thick, and creamy with a nice salty flavor on the top! Your family and friends will love them! Plus, you will need around 10 minutes to prepare them plus 5 minutes to cook. Try this recipe:
For the caramel:
- 110 g light muscovado sugar
- 40 grams unsalted butter
- 165 ml carton double cream
- 1/2 level teaspoon salt flakes, plus some extra to decorate
For the chocolate layer:
- 350 ml heavy cream
- 200 grams’ dark chocolate (70%), melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the caramel:
- In a saucepan, over a low heat, melt the butter and double cream then apply the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Then, increase the heat to medium and simmer the mixture until it thickens a little to a caramel consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow the caramel to cool for around 10 to 15 minutes. Add the salt flakes.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the serving glasses/cups and let it set.
To make the chocolate layer:
- In another saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the heavy cream to the boil. Remove and immediately pour over the chocolate. Stir in the vanilla and combine until smooth.
- Next, pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel mixture, stir to incorporate and leave to set.
- Before serving, sprinkle some salt flakes over each pot.