Fun and delicious is the perfect description for this spiced apple jellies with yogurt mousse. It is ideal for different parties, pick nicks, and everything connected with enjoyment and fun with the family or friends! Here is the recipe:
For the jelly:
- 2 whole allspice
- 3 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon powdered agar
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the mousse:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered agar
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg, for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan (uncovered), bring the apple juice, cinnamon stick, cloves, and allspice to a boil. Boil for about 15 minutes or until the juice has decreased to 2 cups. Pour into a large basin or sink with a few inches of cold water and put the pot in the cold water bath. Leave it to cool for around 15 minutes, or until the juice no longer feels warm to the touch.
- In the meantime, prepare the mousse. Whisk the cream until it holds soft peaks and place in the fridge. Put the yogurt in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Next, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, ½ teaspoon agar, and water and bring to a boil. Then, lower the heat and cook for additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Working fast, whisk the hot fusion into the yogurt. Apply the whipped cream and beat just until smooth. Put the mousse in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight. (Just cover with plastic wrap after 3 hours.)
- When the juice has set, have 4-6 ramekins/cups/glasses ready. Put the dish back on the heat and place 1 teaspoon agar into the juice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Don’t allow the mix boil madly or it will get foamy.) Put the juice into the ramekins or glasses. If you notice some bits of foam or bubbles, they may be scooped out with a little spoon. Put the glasses in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days. (Just cover with plastic wrap after 3 hours.)
- Beat the yogurt mousse till smooth to assemble the dessert. Spoon a dollop of mousse onto every jelly and garnish with a sprinkling of grated cinnamon or nutmeg. When assembled, this spiced apple jellies with yogurt mousse will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 day.