This white tiramisu with strawberries is one of the most delicious desserts that don’t include chocolate! If you like tiramisu – this one will take you to completely another level! And taste is everything – the ingredients are the key for the ideal taste of this dessert – so don’t miss an ingredient or don’t reduce the dossage!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 150 grams/ 5 ½ oz. icing sugar sifted
- 350 grams/ 12 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 125 ml/ 4 fl. oz. Marsala
- 20 ladyfingers
- 40 grams/ 1 ½ oz. chopped almonds
- 55 grams/ 2 oz. white chocolate, coarsely grated
- Fresh strawberries, halved, to serve
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a mixing bowl with a hand-held electric mixer or hand whisk until thick and creamy. Add the mascarpone cheese and whisk into the egg yolk mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl and then fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Pour the milk into a shallow dish and add the Marsala. Dip the ladyfingers into the milk mixture just long enough to soften, then arrange half the dipped ladyfingers in the base of a glass or china dish about 23-25 cm/9-10 inches in diameter. Sprinkle with half the almonds. Spread over a third of the mascarpone mixture and top with a layer of the remaining dipped ladyfingers and the remaining nuts. Spoon the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top and swirl to give an attractive appearance. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- To serve, remove from the refrigerator and decorate with the white chocolate and strawberries.