Holidays are just around the corner and Christmas cookies are one of the most baked dessert each December all over the world. This cookie frosting can be colored in each color you like and used for many decorations. Simple and easy, following we present you the recipe:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups (2 lbs./1 large bag) confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk (plus some more if needed)
- food coloring (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the shortening and vanilla extract. Whisk until creamy (around 1-2 minutes).
- Gradually, add the confectioner’s sugar, one cup at a time.
- Once the mixture begins to become dry, add the heavy cream (or whole milk) a little bit at a time alternating with the sugar.
- Mix until creamy. In order to reach the desired consistency, use more or less heavy cream/milk. Make it smooth enough so you can pipe through a piping bag, however, a little bit firmer than standard store-bought frosting.
- Apply food coloring (if using) and combine to incorporate. Enjoy frosting your favorite cookies!