There is nothing better than classic banana split with homemade chocolate sauce! Unique and delicious, this banana split tastes so great! Surprise your family or friends with this classic dessert for the weekend, they will love it! Here is the recipe:
- 1 large banana, peeled, cut lengthways
- 3 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- 4 pecans/walnuts/hazelnuts, chopped
For the chocolate sauce:
- 5 oz./ 100 grams’ dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate or coffee liqueur (optional)
- First, make the chocolate sauce. In a heatproof safe bowl, apply the chocolate and cream and microwave on high power for 2-3 minutes or just until smooth, stirring after each minute with a metal spoon. Remove and add liqueur if using, combine.
- Now, on a serving plate, apply banana and top with ice-cream scoops.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with chopped nuts of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!