This strawberry semifreddo is so rich, so creamy, and really delicious! It is very easy to prepare and it looks like heaven! Surprise your family or friends with this easy Italian recipe and enjoy the strawberry season.
- 600 grams strawberries (fresh or frozen – defrosted)
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 200 grams (7 oz.) caster sugar
- Line a 5 ½ inch by 9 inches (13 by 23 cm) loaf tin or brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor or blender, blend 500 grams strawberries to make a chunky puree. Then, using a knife, cut the remaining 100 grams strawberries into the half. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, put the eggs, yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract. Apply over a pan filled with 1-inch With an electric whisk, whisk the mix over the simmering water for 3 minutes. Next, remove and continue to beat until thick, frothy and entirely cool.
- Whisk the heavy cream and place into the egg mix along with the strawberry purée and mix again. Then, add the strawberries halves and combine the mixture with a spoon.
- Next, place the strawberry mix into the tin and cover.
- Put in the freezer for 5 to 6 hours (or ideally overnight) until frozen. Slice and serve with little biscotti (if desired).