These Bailey’s chocolate cupcakes are delicious! They’re easy to make and yes, they were moist. The perfect treat for the weekend!
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) water
- 6 tablespoons (43g) dark cocoa blend
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) milk
For Bailey’s frosting:
- 1/2 cup (112g) butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) shortening
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons (14g) cocoa
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 tablespoons (60-75ml) Baileys
- Chocolate sprinkles
For Bailey’s chocolate ganache:
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 tablespoons (75ml )heavy cream
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 177°C/ Gas Mark 4 and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended.
- Add vanilla, water and cocoa powder to another bowl and whisk until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Add chocolate mix and combine until well incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the batter. Begin by adding half of the dry mix, then mix well. Add the milk and mix well, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 way. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Allow cupcakes to cool about 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
To make the frosting:
- Combine the butter and shortening in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Put the cocoa, 4 tablespoons of Baileys, and vanilla extract and whip until smooth. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add remaining Baileys as needed and mix until smooth, keeping an eye on the consistency of the frosting so it doesn’t get too thin. Set aside to cool. In the meantime, make the chocolate ganache.
To make the chocolate ganache:
- In a heat-proof bowl, put the chocolate chips.
- Combine the heavy cream and Baileys in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup and heat in the microwave until it just begins to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Cut out the centers of the cupcakes. You can use a cupcake corer or a knife. Fill the centers of the cupcakes with chocolate ganache. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Use the remaining chocolate ganache to decorate the cupcakes, then add sprinkles (if desired).
- Refrigerate cupcakes until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature. Cupcakes are best for 2-3 days.