These chocolate Irish cream tortini are so rich, moist, creamy and very chocolatey! So, if you like chocolate then this dessert is must-make! Plus, it is very simple and easy to prepare. Goes perfectly with a cup of coffee, tea, and ice-tea. Here is the recipe:
For the brownies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Irish cream whiskey
For the frosting:
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Irish Cream Whiskey
To make the brownie:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Combine together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat melted butter and sugar to combine. Apply eggs and whisk all over again until smooth. Pour Irish Cream whiskey and beat until well-incorporated.
- Gradually add dry ingredients while whisking and combine.
- Line a 9 by 9-in. baking pan with foil, pressing firmly into the pan. Spray the foil with non-stick oil.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes (or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cake is removed cleanly).
- Let brownies cool before frosting. In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (around 3 minutes).
- Pour Irish cream whiskey and cocoa powder, and beat until smooth and combined.
- When cooled, spread the frosting over the brownie cake. Carefully peel foil away from the cake. Slice into squares. Serve.