Cranberry muffins are one of my favorite holiday season treats. Nice, cute, moist and delicious! Plus, they are very easy and quick to prepare. Try the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup halved cranberries
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the cranberries; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the remaining sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, oil, and milk. Next, make a hole in the middle of dry ingredients; add in liquid ingredients. Mix only until incorporated; don’t overmix. Apply lemon zest and berries.
- Then, fill greased standard muffin pan with mixture. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake around 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool completely. Serve.