This strawberry tiramisu is definitely one of my favorite strawberry desserts. Rich, fruity, and creamy – simply delicious! And you will need only 30 minutes to prepare it. Easy to make and so refreshing! Here is the recipe:
For the strawberry juice:
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water, cold
For the cream mixture:
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Around 30 savoiardi or Ladyfingers
- cocoa powder (optional)
- fresh strawberries (optional)
To make the strawberry juice:
- Rinse and chop the strawberries into little pieces and sprinkle them with sugar.
- In a blender, apply the strawberries, water, and lemon juice, mix until smooth, place into a bowl and leave aside.
To make the cream mixture:
- In a bowl, beat together egg and sugar until combined (around one minute) then put the cream and mascarpone, and whisk on medium speed until thickened (around 5 to 8 minutes) – you don’t want it to be too thin or too thick, just smooth and creamy).
- Putting it all together: savoiardi/ladyfingers (around 30 or more if needed), 1 baking dish (for this recipe I used 12 by 10 in.)
- In a bowl, add the strawberry juice and dip the savoiardi/ ladyfingers in the juice, and arrange them on the bottom of the baking dish. Next, cover with 1/2 the cream mix, and sprinkle with 3/4 cup strawberries. Repeat the procedure (another layer of cookies and cover with remaining cream mix).
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 to 5 hours (or ideally overnight). Before serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder and/or top with some fresh strawberries (if desired).