This chocolate yogurt cake is really delicious! The combination of chocolate and yogurt makes this cake the perfect moist cake that you will love! Takes just 15 minutes to make and around 25 minutes to bake. Here is the recipe:
For the chocolate yogurt cake:
- 150 grams’ butter, pre-softened
- 170 grams’ caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 230 grams self-rising flour, sieved
- 78 grams’ cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 250 grams’ low-fat yogurt
For the icing (optional):
- 1 ½ tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Cold water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4. Line an 18 by 28 cm cake tin.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy; next, whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Apply the flour, cocoa, baking soda into the mixture. Then, pour in the yogurt and whisk until smooth. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or just until firm.
- To make the icing, sieve cocoa, and icing sugar into a bowl and gradually apply a small amount of cold water until you get a nice consistency; pour over the cake.
- Before serving, cut the cake into squares.