- 250 g/9 oz. /1 ¼ cups ready-made sweet, shortcrust pastry/pie dough
- 75 g/3 oz. / ¾ cup blanched almonds
- 75 g/3 oz. / 1/3 cup caster/superfine sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 medium/large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops almond extract
- 125 g/4 oz./ ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsps. plain/all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tbsps. raspberry jam/jelly
- 50 g/2 oz. / ½ cup pine nuts
- icing/confectioners· sugar, to decorate
- whipped/whipping cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Roll out the pastry/dough and use to line a 23 cm/9 inch. fluted flan tin/pan. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, then line with greaseproof/wax paper and baking beans/pie weights. Bake blind in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans. Bake for a further 10-12 minutes until cooked.
Leave to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
Grind the almonds in a food processor until fine. Add the sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla and almond extracts and blend. Add the butter, flour and baking powder and blend until smooth.
Spread a thick layer of the raspberry jam/jelly over the cooled pastry case/pie crust, then pour in the almond filling. Sprinkle the pine nuts evenly over the top and bake for 30 minutes until firm and browned. Remove the tart from the oven and leave to cool.
Dust generously with icing/confectioners· sugar and serve cut into wedges with whipped cream.