Rice pudding is always a good idea! And this one has it all – a right combination of ingredients, well-moist, creamy, and very delicious! If you don’t have any idea or time to prepare something that everybody loves for the Thanksgiving day – then this rice pudding is the thing! You will need around 20 minutes to prepare it plus 20 more minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, add the water and bring it to boil, then apply the rice into it; cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for twenty minutes.
- In another saucepan, combine together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, sugar, and salt. Place over medium heat and cook until thick and creamy, around 15-20 minutes.
- Pour in remaining 1/2 cup milk, raisins, and beaten egg; stirring constantly, cook two minutes more.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- Divide among 3-4 small dishes/ramekins/cups. Allow cooling. Serve.