The lovely flavors of dark chocolate combining well with a good olive oil. It is a perfect match! Rich, creamy, and really delicious, these cute pots are sweet and yummy dessert ideal after a nice lunch or dinner. It will take you 30 minutes to prepare them plus a few hours to set. Here is the recipe:
- 220 ml heavy double cream
- 30 ml whole milk
- 200 grams chopped the dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 35 ml extra-virgin olive oil
To serve with caramelized fruit (optional):
- 1 clementine or orange
- 40 ml water
- 35 grams brown sugar
- sea salt, to serve (optional)
- In a saucepan, pour the heavy double cream and milk together and heat gently. Bring to simmer.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate into a bowl and, when the cream simmers, pour it over the dark chocolate. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 minute so the chocolate can melt, then stir to combine.
- Next, stir in the extra-virgin olive oil (do not overmix).
- Divide the mixture into 4 small serving glasses/pots/ramekins and leave to set at room temperature.
- Cut the clementine/orange into the half. Squeeze one half of the clementine/orange into a pan, add the brown sugar and water; combine.
- Cut the remaining half into small chunks and apply them in the pan.
- Over a medium-low heat, bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. When the liquid has reduced in half (after 10-15 minutes), remove from the heat.
- Serve the olive oil dark chocolate pots topped with a little pinch of salt, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and some caramelized clementine/oranges.