These moist vanilla cupcakes are so simple and easy to make! Amazingly delicious, they can be a perfect treat for the Christmas holidays if you put a little effort to decorate them. Try the dessert:
Servings 20-25 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar (if you like them sweeter – add some more)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grappa (alcoholic beverage, optional)
- Vanilla frosting/holiday decorations (to garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Line muffin cups with papers; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, on medium-low speed, cream sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt). Then, apply the dry ingredient mixture into the sugar/butter mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Gradually, pour in the milk, add the vanilla extract, and grappa (if using). Mix to combine.
- Divide among pans. Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes. Allow cooling in pans. Remove and decorate with vanilla frosting and holiday decorations (if desired).